There is no denying that in every bedroom, no matter whether it is an adult’s bedroom or a children’s bedroom, the bed is the focal point. Whilst there is such a huge variety of children’s beds on the market nowadays and it is easy to find something that is perfect for the bedroom you’re designing, it goes without saying that a bed is about more than just the frame. It is essential to make this one piece of furniture comfortable and cosy. Thankfully, there are so many different ways you can create a sanctuary for your little one and transform their bed into somewhere they love to spend time. From investing in beautiful boutique children’s bedding sets< through to adding unique accessories, it is actually really easy to make this piece of furniture homely and warm. To help any parents who are trying to accessorise their little one’s bed, below are some brilliant ideas to consider.
There are so many beautiful children’s cushions to choose from and they are one of the best ways to add some personality to any bed. You can guarantee that there will be something for every bedroom, no matter what the interior design may be like or what your little one’s hobbies and interests are. Below are some of our favourites to accessorise a bed with;
- Pink cloud cushion - This is such a classic and simple design, but it is undeniably perfect for decorating a bed. It can easily be paired with lots of other children’s cushions and there are other colourways available too, such as blue or white.
- Velvet alphabet cushion - This cushion design is loved by little one’s and purchasing their initial for their bed is a brilliant idea if your children share a room. These children’s cushions are incredibly soft and they also come in a range of different colours.
- Sleepy croc cushion - This children’s cushion doubles up as a snuggly bedtime companion and it is a great accessory to add. The knitted croc is a three shades of grey, so it is guaranteed to fit in with any decor.
- Fruit cushions - This is a great choice if you’re wanting something slightly more unique and fun. A pineapple cushion or a strawberry cushion will add a splash of colour to your little one’s room and there are lots of different fruits for them to collect.
When you’re accessorising a bed, blankets and quilts work perfectly alongside cushions to create somewhere warm and inviting. There are a number of different blanket designs to choose from so you will be spoilt for choice and many end up investing in different blankets to match the boutique children’s bedding sets they have. Here are some of our favourites;
- Knitted blanket - This is always a reliable choice and you can’t go wrong with a knitted blanket, they will always look good and feel cosy. You can get lots of different colours too, including cream, mustard, navy and grey.
- Pompom blankets - This will be a great way to add some texture to your little one’s bed and this is a stylish choice. Not only can it be used for snuggling up at bedtime, but it can also be used on the floor for playtime too and it is machine washable as well.
- Rabbit blanket - This option is more of a fun choice and the little rabbit face in the corner of the blanket reminds us of Wild and Soft’s dress up throws that are so popular amongst children. If you have other bunny accessories, it really is a great option.
- Stars blanket - This is always a good choice when you’re decorating a children’s bed and you can’t go wrong with a star print. The cloud cushion above is available in the same print and colours, so you could match these two accessories.
Accessorising your little one’s bed
Hopefully, these ideas will be helpful when you’re trying to make your little one’s bed somewhere cosy for them to spend time both during the day and at night time. No matter whether you choose an unusual and unique bed< or you opt for something more classic, such as a single bed or a trundle bed, you can still use some of the accessories mentioned above to turn this piece of furniture into the heart of your little one’s bedroom. Whether you’re looking to purchase boutique children’s bedding sets or you’re searching for some beautiful accessories to add to your little one’s bed, be sure to visit the Nubie website today. We have a huge range of children’s bedding products and you can rely on us to supply you with everything that you need in this regard. If you still have decided on a new bed for the room either, be sure to browse our selection of children’s beds too.
Related Article: The Best Luxury Bunk Beds For Children’s Bedrooms